Yes I’m all female. No that normal guy doesn’t sleep around (unless I’m mad then obviously the couch would make it in this scenario… and he does sleep with woman – but that’s because my cats are traitors).
That normal guy and I are officially matched with a birthmother, which means we are essentially pregnant.
Awesome things about being pregnant and not carrying the child….
- DRINKING! That’s right – she’s stuck sipping on water and I get my margaritas – extra tequila please
- No extra weight gain – Sympathy weight won’t be an issue for that normal guy and I because we don’t live in the same house let alone the same city.
- We get an extra friend – that’s right, this is an open adoption which means we have the opportunity to gain an extra family member and our child will have the blessing of two very special mommies who love them!
- Full night’s sleep – Some would consider this a hindrance but we’ll take our chances with enjoying eight hour a night sleeps until the little lady bug comes into our world and the clock strikes HUNGRY, POOPY, ANGRY every two hours.
- Sip and See’s! Yes, instead of the traditional baby showers beforehand you get to have everyone come and see your bundle of joy for some cocktails and cuddle time!
Things that aren’t so awesome about being pregnant and not carrying the child…
- You aren’t pregnancy cute and there is no ‘glow’.
- You can’t eat for two without being judged.
- There isn’t a guarantee that the baby will be yours at the end.
- Scraping up the cash for all the costs is overwhelming.
- You don’t get six weeks with your baby unless you’re rich enough to take time off (remembering the adoption broke you, you know that’s impossible).